Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hopefully back in the game

I know I've been MIA over the past couple of months, but now I've completed my EMT class and nearly finished putting my office to rights--I spent most of January painting and laying tile so I could organize my things--I'm hoping to get back to my writing again, including my blogging.

Anyone else planning to submit to the first chapter contest at the Storymaker's conference? I admit, the first chapter is the very hardest part for me. I don't mean when I write my first draft, that's usually a cinch, but to go back and give it the weight it needs after the fact: where and when do I start, what does the scene say about my character, how does it prepare my reader for what's to come? I'm about ready to tug at my hair. I promise to update later.

No comments: